A unique twist to submission grappling and a nice introduction to the feel of Mixed Martial Arts.
Thailand welcomes Combat Grappling.
The tournament will feature 8 competitors, they will battle it out in a full size MMA cage under Submission Grappling rules…. with one main flip to the script!
Punches on the ground with shooto (6oz) MMA gloves.
8 men will be grappling, scrambling, slamming and now ground and pounding there way to work towards a tournament victory and win themselves a nice 15,000 baht in cold hard Thai Baht.
We can expect to see a pretty exciting event.
Island Fight Night have put on a good first show with some great amateur MMA and muay thai fights.
Combat Grappling Tournament Rules:
- All fighters must be 85kg or under.
- Bout’s are 2 rounds – 1st round is 5 mins 2nd round is 3 mins.
- Bouts are Scored as a submission grappling tournament.
- Heel hooks and leg locks allowed – Slams allowed – scoring system will be based on POINTS as per submission grappling style rules (no advantages given)
- NO striking on the feet, Punches are ONLY allowed once 3 points of contact are made from an opponent.
- Punches can be to anywhere on the head/body etc (no groin shots) Punches do not score.
- Punches will help create submission or passing/sweep opportunities.
- If a fighter is not ‘intelligently defending themselves’ the fight will be stopped and the winner by TKO will be announced!
( i believe there are still 1 or 2 spots possibly open for the tournament) so get your names in to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop in the PTT office.
Amateur fighters are always wanted for MMA, Muay Thai, boxing and Grappling for the Island Fight Night – A fantastic way to gain experience and compete.
We recommend if your in Phuket, Thailand that you drop in and have a look at the show this Saturday. It’s 300 baht entry with Free BBQ buffet, Live Band and some great fights.
Looking forward to some slick grappling, wrestling and of course so nice GROUND & POUND!